The importation of dogs/cats shall be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate issued by a competent veterinary officer or the Government Veterinary Authority of country of export, certifying that:
- Rabies has not been reported within the area where the dogs/cats have lived for the last 6 months preceding export.
- Dogs/cats had been in country of origin for a period of not less than 6 months preceding export.
- Dogs/cats must be examined by the veterinarian 5 days prior to departure and found to be healthy and free from any clinical signs of rabies and infectious or contagious diseases of dogs/cats, at the time of examination and certification.
- The minimum age requirement of dogs/cats is 3 months of age and it has been vaccinated against rabies by killed rabies vaccine.
- The animal has been vaccinated with rabies vaccine and has rabies antibody greater than or equal to 0.5 IU/ml.
This health certificate must be provided by the pet owner or shipper from the country of origin.
The Government of Indonesia requires dogs/cats to stay at the Government Quarantine Station for 14 days on arrival at Soekarno Hatta International Airport.
The following information is provided on the understanding that we (the Embassy of Denmark in Jakarta) do not assume or undertake any legal responsibility, to you, or those affected, if you choose to take it into account when obtaining this service from relevant parties. Further and alternatively, we cannot accept any liability to any person or company for any financial loss or damage arising from the use of this information or from any failure to give information.