Welcome to the Consular Section of the Danish Embassy in Jakarta. On these pages you will find information on the kind of assistance the Embassy can offer you.
Please note the new opening hours for the consular section (as displayed to the right).
A Danish Embassy or Consulate can assist with:
- Issue of a new Danish passport
- Contact to an attorney if you are arrested
- Contact to relatives in Denmark
- Contact to insurance companies in relation to accidents, illness or death
- Information on risk areas on your way
- Transferring money to purchase a return ticket (requires bank guarantee)
A Danish Embassy or Consulate cannot assist with:
- Performing banking transactions
- Getting people released from prison or pay for a lawyer
- Paying hospital or doctor's bills without collateral from yourself, your bank or your family
- Obtaining work permits or finding jobs
Evacuation and Emergency
If you are travelling in the Indonesia and you need help urgently, you may contact the Danish Embassy or the Danish Consulates in Medan, Surabaya, Bali or Papua New Guinea.
The Embassy or the Consulates can provide immediate assistance in case of an emergency or provide you with the relevant contact information on someone who can assist you.
If you need help after normal business hours, at night, or during weekends and holidays, you may either contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ 24/7 Emergency Center directly at +45 3392 1112 / BBB@um.dk, or you may be transferred to the Emergency Center by calling the Embassy´s telephone number +62 (21) 576 1478.
Please, also see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs central website for emergency matters (in Danish only).
Please note that as a general rule a fee is applicable to most services, with the exceptions of imprisonment, child abduction cases and in the instance of a serious crime committed against a Danish national.
If the information on this webpage is not sufficient, please contact the Embassy. Kindly see the menu bar on the right hand side for contact details.